Monday, October 6, 2008

Bee Sting


Last night Diesel decided that he was going to try and eat the bee that was buzzing around in our blinds. I quickly stopped him and killed it and put it outside and thought nothing more of it. About 20min later we are all sitting on the couch and Diesel was just drooling uncontrollably so I went and go a paper towel to wipe it up and off of his face and that is when I noticed that one whole side of his lip was totally swollen. I was freaking out worried that he was going to have an allergic reaction and die so I went online and found out that they are mostly harmless other than swelling. It looked so funny that we had to take a picture and share. If you can't tell it is on the right side.
****OK so I must explain...Yes Diesel is wearing a sweater, yes that's right a sweater with little dog paw prints on it. Due to the cold and rainy weather that we have been experiencing lately we got him a sweater to keep him warm. If it is raining or cold outside he will just step outside the front door and pee on our front porch so he doesn't have to get his paws or body wet or cold. It rained almost all weekend and when he had it on he would actually go out and do his business and play a little. I also just ordered him a winter coat off ebay today so he will be nice and warm this winter.****

4 comments:

Dawna said...

What is he wearing? Are you secretly playing dress up with that dog???? :)

Kris said...

Rusty loves to eat flies and bees also. If there is one flying around him he snaps at it and eats it. What is it about those dogs? He's also been stung a few times but doesn't learn. You are my kind of girl because I just got Isabella's coat for winter. It is pink camoflouge (? spelling) with sheepskin collar. I'll post a picture soon.

Jess said...

oh my gosh that is so sad poor dog. but seriously a winter coat? haha i can't believe it!

Elyse said...

he looked so cute in that sweater :) he's getting HUGE! Pretty soon you wont be able to find sweaters that fit him!